3/19/09

Growing up, my parents were able to fill our home with beautiful handmade, original works. There were five of us living on an elementary school teacher's salary -and we were in NO way wealthy...but I grew up with valuable pieces of art: paintings, sculpture, cabinets full of hand thrown pottery and ceramics…all because my parents made genuine art a priority. Mom and Dad developed long-lasting relationships with creative people. We attended galleries and introduced ourselves to local museum directors and curators, gallery owners, and local artists. My father (a sculptor) traded with other artists, entered art exhibitions, participated in co-showcases, and in local shows. My parent's friends were gifted and talented artists. They had a generous giving spirit and they shared the very best with us. I honor that spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment